Introduction

This blog contains regular postings relating to the Traditional Latin Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church. It includes regular commentary on the saints days and the liturgical cycle, with brief background and extracts from the liturgy both in Latin and English. Much of the material has been extracted from the 'St Andrew's Daily Missal', Dom Gueranger's 'Liturgical Year', or similar sources.

Related website: http://www.liturgialatina.org/





Wednesday 17 August 2016

17th August, Octave Day of St Lawrence


 The Octave Day of St. Laurence

Probasti, Domine, cor meum et visitasti nocte: igne me examinasti, et non est inventa in me iniquitas. * Exaudi, Domine, justitiam meam: intende deprecationem meam.
Thou hast proved my heart, O Lord, and visited it by night: Thou hast tried me by fire, and iniquity hath not been found in me. * Hear, O Lord, my justice: attend to my supplication.
(Psalm 16:3,1 from the introit of Mass)

Excita, Domine, in Ecclesia tua Spiritum, cui beatus Laurentius Levita servivit: ut, eodem nos repleti, studeamus amare quod amavit, et opere exercere quod docuit. 
Stir up within Thy Church, O Lord, the Spirit which blessed Laurence Thy deacon obeyed: that therewith we too may be filled and may strive to love what he loved and may put in practice what he taught.
(Collect)

No comments:

Post a Comment